QAL1 approved ProScatterTM particulate CEM for the extractive sampling and measurement of particulate in saturated wet gas streams
Continuous Particulate Monitoring for saturated wet stack applications typically found after wet scrubbers, wet electrostatic precipitators and wet flue gas desulphurization plant.
QAL1 certified against EN 15267-3 to meet EN 14181 and other International standards.
The PCME QAL 182 WS is suitable for measuring particulate emissions from wet scrubbers and other processes where the flue gas falls below dew point (cold stack conditions) or water droplets are present. The extractive instrument takes a representative continuous sample from the stack, heats this well above dew point to evaporate water droplets and then measures the particulate concentration under dry conditions. This extractive approach with heating overcomes the problems of interference from condensation and water droplets associated with using in-situ particulate monitors after wet collectors.
The PCME QAL 182 WS uses an advanced ProScatter™ forward light scatter sensor which is certified by TUV and MCERTS as QAL1 compliant. With certification ranges covering both 0-15mg/m³ and 0-100mg/m³, the sensor is suitable for monitoring the highly abated emissions found after Flue Gas Desulphurization plant (FGD). The instrument is able to monitor saturated flue gas which is critical for the application of monitoring emissions from a coal fired power plant fitted with a wet FGD system and meets the requirements of PS-11 and EN 14181.
- Second Generation compliance continuous particulate monitor, QAL1 certified against EN15267-3 to meet EN 14181 and other International standards
– Extractive sampling probe with heated line configured for isokinetic or fixedvelocity sampling
– Extractive system includes ProScatter® technology using a forward scatter PM sensor system
– Easy to use intuitive multi-lingual menu with large display for improved user interface complete with on-board diagnostics and multiple analogue and digital communication outputs
– Continuous direct sampling and measurement avoiding issues created by dilution and cyclic measurement systems
– Heated sampling to avoid cold spots which cause condensation and sample blockages
– Isokinetic or fixed velocity sampling methods
– Wide range of sampling velocities up to 30 m/s
– Low limit of detection < 0.1 mg/m3
– ProScatter® measuring technology offering reduced sensitivity to varying particle sizes, e.g. Fossil fuel power plant boilers
– Large volume sampling systems providing true isokinetic sampling capability
– High level of measurement confidence through inbuilt automatic zero and span checks that fully challenge the whole system
– Multiple analogue and digital outputs and inputs including: TCP/IP Ethernet, RS-485
– Powerful multilingual menu driven display and inbuilt data logging for recording of measured values and internal diagnostic parameters for enhanced user interface and improved security of data
– No moving parts in the measurement path for a rugged and reliable measurement
Stacks with saturated wet flue gas, typically after wet flue gas desulphurization plant, wet collectors, etc