The PCME QAL 991 uses unique ElectroDynamic™ Probe Electrification technology, which outperforms alternative probe electrification technologies by extracting a specific frequency band of the induced AC signal. This patented feature ensures confidence in accurate and representative data by eliminating any cross-sensitivity to changing flue gas velocity within typical bag filter velocity ranges (8-20m/s) whilst maintaining stable, high resolution sensing characteristics.
The PCME QAL 991 is an approved Particulate CEM (Continuous Emission Monitor) designed to meet and exceed CEN standard EN 14181 / EN 13284-2. It's particularly suited to monitoring emissions from industrial processes regulated under the WID and LCPD.
The PCME QAL 991 is also proven in other industrial processes controlled with high efficiency bag filtration. The instrument holds QAL1 approval specified in EN 15267-3, under both MCERTS and TUV.
Feature and benefit
- Robust design unaffected by product build-up on the sensor rod
- No additional services such as air purge required, providing lower cost of ownership
- Simple maintenance no requirement for specialist service personnel
- Complies with standards EN 13284-2, EN 14181 and EN 15267-3 and applications with Emission Limit Values (ELVs) of 7.5 mg/m³ (Incineration) and 15 mg/m³ (co-incineration)
- Automatic recording of drift checks (zero and span) to satisfy QAL3 requirements
- Networking up to 16 sensor channels via Modbus and providing multiple inputs for external devices such as temperature, pressure and 02 normalization
The PCME QAL 991 is used to monitor emissions from processes regulated under the European Waste Incineration Directive (WID) and Large Combustion Plant Directive (LCPD) eg:
- Stacks after bag filters, cartridge filters, cyclones, electrostatic precipitators, no filtration
- Variable velocities within range 5 – 25 m/s (typical bag filter velocity ranges)
- Non-condensing / dry flue gases
- Metals (eg Steel/Aluminum)
- Minerals (eg Cement/Gypsum)
- Chemicals (eg Detergent/Carbon Black)
- Power Generation Plant (eg Coal/Biomass)
- Coal fired power stations / Coal Mills
- Gas/Oil fired power stations
- Gas turbines
- HEPA filter plant
- Biomass power plant
- Municipal Incineration
- Cement Kiln...